- Can I move my cable box to another room?
- Can I use someone else’s cable box?
- Does a smart TV need a cable box?
- How do I connect two TVs to one cable box wirelessly?
- Can you still get basic cable for free?
- Can two TVs use one cable box?
- How do I make my cable box wireless?
- Can you have cable at two different houses?
- Should I leave my cable box on all the time?
- How do I split my cable box?
- Can I unplug and move my router?
- Can I move my spectrum modem to another room?
- How can I get cable in another room?
- How do I connect my TV to cable without a box?
- Does unplugging your router change your IP address?
- Do WiFi extenders really work?
Can I move my cable box to another room?
Yes, if you have an active cable coaxial outlet in the other room, you can move the modem yourself.
If not, you’d need to get the coaxial connection moved/extended to the other room.
If you have the expertise or know someone who does could add a new cable run inside your home..
Can I use someone else’s cable box?
Your cable box is identified by its MAC and serial number. It doesn’t matter where you move it. As long as the MAC and serial number is valid and authorized on the network, then you should be fine.
Does a smart TV need a cable box?
16. Does a smart TV need a cable box or broadband? If you want to continue receiving the same channels you have, then the answer is yes: You still need a cable or satellite box, because no other option will deliver the same channels and stations in the same way.
How do I connect two TVs to one cable box wirelessly?
So if you wanted to connect your cable box to two TVs, you’d need to connect the box’s HDMI out port to the wireless transmitter to send the signal to the TV in a different room and use one of the other connection cables (HDMI, coaxial, RCA composite, etc.) to connect to the TV near the cable outlet.
Can you still get basic cable for free?
1. Get free Basic Cable TV with an HDTV antenna. There is a thing called Broadcast Digital TV that apparently most people are unaware of. According to the Disablemycable.com, you can receive signals for the major networks such as NBC, FOX, and ABC, as well as PBS and local stations for free with a Hi-Def antenna.
Can two TVs use one cable box?
Typically, each television in your home needs its own receiver box to view channels; however, if you have televisions in two different rooms in your home but only own one Comcast cable receiver box, you can connect that box to both TVs using a coaxial cable splitter and coaxial cable.
How do I make my cable box wireless?
Power off your set-top or cable box and plug one end of the HDMI cable into the back of that. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the transmitter where it says “HDMI Input.” Now you are ready to plug the power adapter into the transmitter and a wall socket. Make sure the green power light comes on.
Can you have cable at two different houses?
There is no problem. You are billed for each one, no sharing of equipment is allowed. There are some customers who are paying for, and have, multiple modems on the same account, in the same address. These type of customers have huge houses, and multiple family units inside.
Should I leave my cable box on all the time?
Customers are not accustomed to waiting a few minutes for their TV to be available, and so leave the boxes on all the time, which in turn means the cable providers don’t have any motivation to reduce startup time, let alone make them more efficient.
How do I split my cable box?
Connect the cable receiver box to the main cable line in your home through the receiver’s input port.Attach another coaxial cable to the output port on the receiver. … Link each TV set to the splitter or switch using however many coaxial cables and ports on the splitter/switch you need.
Can I unplug and move my router?
In most cases you can just move the router to the new location and plug it in. You won’t need to change any settings if it was working at the old location. You should move the WiFi access point to a location central to the devices that will use it.
Can I move my spectrum modem to another room?
Moving your Spectrum Modem won’t help if you move it farther from the mainline of Spectrum connection, instead, it will only cause more internet troubles for you to face. Moving the Spectrum modem to a new room that is nearer to the mainline might help to improve your internet connection.
How can I get cable in another room?
To watch TV in another room without a cable box, however, that information will have to be mirrored. To achieve that, you can attach a cable splitter between the output of your main cable box and first TV, then run one or more secondary lines to other televisions.
How do I connect my TV to cable without a box?
Connect a coaxial cable (not provided) to the ANT/CABLE IN jack on the back of your TV and to the antenna or cable TV wall jack. Plug your TV’s power adapter into a power outlet, then turn on your TV. Press INPUT to open the INPUT SOURCE list.
Does unplugging your router change your IP address?
If you’re on a residential connection, then yes, if you unplug your router and plug it back again after some time, it’s external IP will change. … It means every 8 hours, the IP address expires and your device has to request a new IP address from the DHCP Server.
Do WiFi extenders really work?
WiFi extenders work differently from WiFi repeaters. … Powerline WiFi extenders can even use the electrical cables in the walls to re-broadcast your wireless signal. The wired connection means that a WiFi extender always has a strong, dedicated connection to your network that isn’t susceptible to interference.